Geriatric Pet Care Services | Pet Arthritis Treatment with Our Veterinarian
At Clanton Malphus Hodges Vet Hospital - AVG, we know how tough it can be to watch your furry friend or animal grow older. Our chiropractor in Thomasville, GA, wants to help ease your concerns and provide high-quality geriatric pet care services. Your senior pet deserves the best, high-quality veterinary services. Below are some ways we can help your senior pet during their last few years.
What Is Geriatric Pet Care?
Geriatric pet care is specialized care for senior pets. It focuses on identifying and addressing age-related diseases, monitoring subtle changes in behavior or appearance, and providing comfort through counseling or medical interventions. Our veterinary team is here to provide your senior pet with the best possible geriatric pet care services tailored to their specific needs.
Standard Geriatric Pet Care Services
Our veterinarian in Thomasville, GA, may suggest any of the following geriatric pet care services:
- Diet Consultation – Specially formulated diets can help ensure your senior pet receives adequate nutrition explicitly tailored to them.
- Annual Wellness Exams – Regular examinations will allow us to detect any underlying health issues early on and prevent further complications.
- Vaccinations – Our recommendations will be tailored to your pet’s age and lifestyle.
- Laboratory testing – Routine lab work may be suggested to monitor your pet’s overall health, including organ function and blood pressure.
- Weight Management – Monitoring your senior pet’s weight can help prevent or reduce the severity of specific health issues.
These services are designed to help your pet enjoy the best possible health and quality of life during their senior years. Our veterinarian in Thomasville, GA, is here to answer any questions about geriatric pet care services.
When Should I Start Geriatric Pet Care?
It is essential to start geriatric pet care services as early as possible. Creating a routine of preventive care early on can help extend the lifespan and improve the quality of life for your senior pet. We recommend you discuss your pet’s needs with our veterinarian in Thomasville, GA, so we can design a care plan that fits their life. However, most veterinarians agree that a pet reaches senior age at around seven years or older.
Experience the Best Geriatric Pet Care Today
At Clanton Malphus Hodges Vet Hospital - AVG, we understand that you want the best for your senior pet. Our vet in Thomasville, GA, is committed to providing compassionate care tailored to their needs. Contact us today for more information about our geriatric pet care services. Call our office at (229) 226-1914 to schedule your appointment.